This report presents a common guide about applying for Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) function in New Zealand. An applicant should be chosen by an authorized employer with RSE status and an Agreement to Recruit (ATR). Subsequent, the applicant should effectively meet the restricted goal visa needs to function in New Zealand. At the finish of the employment agreement or when the visa expires, the worker should leave New Zealand or they could re-apply to extend the visa to do the identical function. If the worker remains in the nation immediately after the visa expires, they could be removed promptly from New Zealand.

The goal of the RSE scheme

In 2007, the RSE scheme was produced amongst New Zealand and RSE Pacific nations such as Kiribati, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu, Tuvalu and the Solomon Islands. It was set up for horticulture and viticulture employers in New Zealand to recruit workers i.e. from either 1 or extra of the participating RSE Pacific nations but, only if there is a labour shortage in New Zealand. On typical, just about every season, amongst 7,000 and eight,000 workers are recruited offshore to choose kiwifruit and apples or pack fruit or prune blocks of kiwifruit vines and apple trees or wrap grapevines in locations such as Bay of Lots and Blenheim.

How does an employer apply for RSE status?

Employers have to apply to Immigration New Zealand (INZ) to come to be an authorized RSE employer. The course of action entails four methods:

  1. apply for recognition to be an RSE employer
  2. apply for an ATR workers
  3. make an give of employment to a worker
  4. the following season apply for a further ATR workers offshore

The RSE status is valid for two years for initially timers but, an employer could apply once more to acquire RSE status for three years. Even so, employers should apply just about every year for an ATR. According to INZ in December 2009, there had been 126 employers on their RSE list.

How does a worker apply for RSE function?

A worker who has been provided employment (by an employer with RSE status and an ATR) should apply for a restricted goal visa off shore by finishing the ‘application to function in New Zealand for a RSE employer’ kind (refer to your nearby INZ branch to request a kind). A visa is only valid for 7 months in any 11 month period. Even so, if the applicant is a citizen of Kiribati or Tuvalu and normally lives in Kiribati or Tuvalu could apply for a visa to keep for a maximum of 9 months. The applicant should be 18 years or more than to apply for a visa. In addition, a worker should have an employment agreement to comprehensive the visa application. The employment agreement should state the workers commence date, the name of the organization, employers make contact with specifics, the position provided, ATR quantity and their price of spend. Also, the applicant should meet distinct overall health needs such as giving an X-ray Short-term Certificate of entry. Given that, all Pacific nations are not on the list of low incidence of tuberculosis (TB), all workers should deliver it. Ultimately, an applicant should meet the character needs which could consist of giving a police certificate. Subsequent, the applicant should enclose the visa application charge (refer to an INZ branch in your nation for the charge scale) and send it to the nearest New Zealand Immigration Branch. For instance, citizens of Kiribati, Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands should send their applications to Suva branch in Fiji.

What are the terms and circumstances of the restricted goal visa?

Below the terms and circumstances of the restricted goal visa, a worker can keep in New Zealand to fulfill the express goal of what the visa was granted for. On or just before the visa expires, the worker should leave New Zealand.

Even so, a worker can apply to extend the restricted goal visa for the identical form of function but, they can not apply for a diverse form of permit though they are in New Zealand. A worker who has overstayed the expiry term of their visa will be removed promptly from New Zealand.